8 Jan 2012

Singing

Went to watch "We bought a Zoo". Not bad...a little slow going initially...(for some throughout), but still in my opinion, touching with a nice family message/reminder. Kids loved it, except for a small kissing part where they went "ewwwww" and covered their eyes.
Well...during a part of the show, the song "And I think it's Gonna rain Today" was featured. For a while I tried to figure out where I've heard the song. It's a song I used to love but have not heard in more than 10 years! Finally I figured out it was a song Bette Midler used to sing.

Upon getting home, I just HAD to...I downloaded the lyrics, got on my piano and recorded this impromptu. Chords may not be not right...but hey...I just had to record it. Love the song so much for some reason. Here's it, my impromptu recording and singing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jo and Snail

*warning...cruel post*. After gardening yesterday...Jo drew me some diagrams and said "Mum, this is a snail. Now if you hit it and it breaks, you'll see a slug inside. If it's a mummy snail, you'll see yellow eggs inside stuck on its body. Now if you squish it somemore...you'll get yucky squishy things, the eggs will be destroyed. If you want it worse...you roll it around in mud." (That's how disgusting Jo can get....uurrrghhhh.....)

4 comments :

Tasha.T said...

lovely

Martha Jin said...

thank you Mocha. :)

Divoo said...

aww, you sing so well! :)

lol@Jo and Snail snippet.. haha! :)

Wei yun said...

Thanks for sharing.... I think this is by Randy Newman... If memory serves me right.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...