23 May 2011

Jo my physiotherapist

I've had pains in my shoulder and neck for 10 years now. Have seen multiple doctors, and all sorts of therapists. Have quite given up. The pain persists, and gets so unbearable some days.

Recently it's begun to affect my lower back and my left hand and fingers. That's bad considering that I'm a musician and teacher by profession. So, I've reverted back to physiotherapy as recommended by a friend. Because my pain is rather chronic, the therapist says it will take a while before I see any improvement. There's swelling on my upper back, pinched nerve, and I might possibly have the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Now back to little Jo. She's gone with me for every therapy session and has been a keen observer of how it works. She asks questions about the machine and what, why and how questions, which sometimes tickles the therapists. Today, the therapist was commenting on how weak my neck muscles were and she made me do neck exercises. She placed her hand on the back of my head and asked me to push against her palm. She commented several times "Why so weak? Push harder, push harder, why so weak?"

Jo decided she wouldn't let the physio call me weak so she placed her hand on my forehead and pushed it back against the therapists hands. LOL...we had a good laugh!

Later at home, I was still in pain and told my children to pray for me. Then Jo got right behind me, started feeling my back for the knots. She knows where they are, coz she's watched the therapist and in fact this morning she even showed the therapist where the knots were. Well, she found the knots, climbed up on a stool, and pressed down hard on the knots with her elbows! She got it spot on almost each time, and she was strong too!

So there, the story of my little home therapist. :)

6 comments :

Kiddothings said...

You've got yourself a physiotherapist in the making. Sorry to hear about the pains you have to endure. I hope the regular physiotherapy will help. Take care and will pray for you.

Martha Jin said...

thank you very much. :)

gail said...

Please send Jo to auntie g's house for some therapy. My neck has been hurting! What a doll.

I do pray you get healing, dear one.

Martha Jin said...

If you were nearer, I'd send her at once. haha.. Praying for you too G.

Carolyn said...

Sorry to hear that. hope it gets better with the physiotherapy. Yeah, I think Jo is a physiotherapist in the making! She is really protective and caring..:)

Martha Jin said...

it;d be nice if she was then I'd get free therapy when I grow old. :)haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...